[Numpy-discussion] record array question

Russell E. Owen rowen@uw....
Wed Jul 15 13:05:15 CDT 2009

Is it straightforward to generate a record array (preferably a standard
numpy.ndarray, not the numpy.rec variant) where some named fields
contain pairs of numbers, for example:

named field pos contains pairs of floats
named field rot contains floats

Any pointers to relevant documentation would be appreciated. I found a
basic intro to record arrays on the scipy web site (which was quite
useful for generating simple record arrays), and the numpy book has a
bit of info, but I've not found anything very comprehensive.

-- Russell