[Numpy-discussion] Adding new functions to Numpy

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Thu Jul 16 04:19:04 CDT 2009

Hi Pauli,

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Pauli Virtanen<pav+sp@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you add new functions to Numpy, please include
>
>    .. versionadded:: 1.4.0

What is the best way to do this in the reference guide directly as
well (for C API). For example, I added the function npy_copysign for
1.4.0, documented in the c-api.coremath.rst, but I don't know where to
put the versionadded. More generally, I would like to follow our
docstring format when  documenting C functions, but how can I put the
different sections in there (Parameters, Notes, etc...)

cheers,

David