[Numpy-discussion] Scipy Conference 2009 Lecture Recordings

Peter Alexander vel.accel@gmail....
Fri Jul 17 04:06:25 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Gökhan SEVER <gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> If someone has a camera that can do the recordings in a format that
>> can then be directly recompressed at the command line with something
>> like mencoder, that would be great.  From experience, any recording
>> mode that requires later manual editing sounds great in principle, and
>> then nobody finds the time to do all the work.
>>

> There is a one great approach posted here at
> http://yeoldeclue.com/cgi-bin/blog/blog.cgi?rm=viewpost&nodeid=1246925071
>
> Seems like his one man army approach worked very nicely.

I wish I was free to do a beautiful production quality video recording for
the community. I would really enjoy doing that. I also feel it is quite
important considering lectures of this kind are so, so instructive.

If it is too much work to do video, that's perfectly ok. Not preferable, but
definately O.K. Besides I'd rather have a rich audio recording then
haphazard video/audio

If someone could just get a decent recording of the audio, then the slides
and audio can be edited together as a screencast on a website.

I could imagine a pipe of the stage microphone to a (possibly spare)
computer. I could then see it then being uploaded to a storage server for
the future editing.

The talk given, provides so much more insight than the slides (pdf) alone.

Just think how enticing it is for scipy new comers to have screencasts to
watch.

~Pete