[Numpy-discussion] Scipy Conference 2009 Lecture Recordings

Gökhan SEVER gokhansever@gmail....
Fri Jul 17 12:37:09 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Gael Varoquaux <
gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 11:29:27PM -0400, Peter Alexander wrote:
> >    I sure wish I was able to attend this year's event.
> >    I'm wondering, and really hoping, if/that the lectures will be
> recorded
> >    and then posted for the whole community's benefit?
>
> The problem is that this requires actually a lot of work, to get
> something useful out of the recordings. I don't think it will happen :(.
>
> Gaël

Gaël,

Your recently posted mayavi tutorial video and Fernando's previous
py4science recordings in very good quality. I have learnt a great amount of
information just by watching those videos. For me, most important gains,
hearing the developer lingo and usage techniques that can't be easily find
in any documentation as well as presentation skills.

I think, it would be great to have a similar equipment setup during the
SciPy09.

--
Gökhan