[Numpy-discussion] performance matrix multiplication vs. matlab

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Fri Jul 17 15:20:52 CDT 2009

On 17-Jul-09, at 3:57 PM, Jonathan Taylor wrote:

>  File "/home/jtaylor/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/
> __init__.py",
> line 47, in <module>
>    from linalg import *
>  File "/home/jtaylor/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/linalg/
> linalg.py",
> line 22, in <module>
>    from numpy.linalg import lapack_lite
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libptcblas.so: undefined symbol:
> ATL_cpttrsm

It doesn't look like you ATLAS is linked together properly,
specifically fblas. What fortran compiler are you using?

What does ldd /usr/local/lib/libptcblas.so say?

I seem to recall this sort of thing happening when g77 and gfortran
get mixed up together...

David