[Numpy-discussion] suggestion for generalizing numpy functions

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Mon Jul 20 16:33:46 CDT 2009

Hi Chuck

2009/7/17 Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris@gmail.com>:
> PyObject* PyTuple_GetItem(PyObject *p, Py_ssize_t pos)
> Return value: Borrowed reference.
> Return the object at position pos in the tuple pointed to by p. If pos is
> out of bounds, return NULL and sets an IndexError exception. It's a borrowed
> reference so you need to call Py_INCREF on it. I find this Python C-API
> documentation useful.

Have you had a look over the rest of the code?  I think this would
make a good addition.  Travis mentioned Contexts for doing something
similar, but I don't know enough about that concept to compare the
two.

Regards
Stefan