[Numpy-discussion] JIT ufuncs with PyPy

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Wed Jul 22 05:32:00 CDT 2009

Hi all,

Pieter Holtzhausen sent me this interesting link:

http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2009/07/pypy-numeric-experiments.html

"""
I have been playing recently with the idea of NumPy and PyPy
integration. My idea is to integrate PyPy's JIT with NumPy or at least
a very basic subset of it. Time constraints make it impossible to hand
write a JIT compiler that understands NumPy. But given PyPy's
architecture we actually have a JIT generator, so we don't need to
write one :-) Our JIT has shown that it can speed up small arithmetic
examples significantly. What happens with something like NumPy?
"""

Regards
Stéfan