[Numpy-discussion] fft issues

Sun Jul 26 13:34:08 CDT 2009

Hi,

I came across a few issues in the fft module:

1. fftshift and ifftshift do not accept an integer for the `axes` argument.
I opened a ticket, #1182, and attached a patch with test that fixes this.

2. The functions refft, irefft, refft2, irefft2, refftn and irefftn have
been deprecated for at least three years. Isn't it time to remove them?

3. For the hfft/ihfft functions, I am unsure what this means: "a signal
whose spectrum has Hermitian symmetry". Can someone give a one-liner for
checking this condition, and give an example where signals like this may
occur?

Cheers,
Ralf