[Numpy-discussion] question about a data structure

Wed Jul 29 16:54:24 CDT 2009

Robert Kern wrote:
> 2009/7/29 Ernest Adrogué <eadrogue@gmx.net>:
>> Now, I need to be able to differentiate between 0 and 'no data'.

>> Is it possible to do this with the standard array class?
>
> Not really. Use masked arrays. Or use a dictionary.

masked arrays are made precisely for this. However, if you can use
floating point numbers, you could use NaN for the no data entries.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov