[Numpy-discussion] Timeline for 1.4.0 and installer for Windows 64bit ?

Klaus Noekel Klaus.Noekel@gmx...
Thu Jul 30 14:34:44 CDT 2009

Dear folks,

just over a month ago there was a thread about plans for numpy, and IIRC
somebody had volunteered to try and put together a working AMD64 version
with an installer.

Since then I have not heard about the issue again - but I may have
missed part of the discussion. Have the plans firmed up by now? Is there
a tentative date for a beta or RC? In particular: how much hope is there
for a reasonably usable AMD64 numpy under Windows?

Thanks for any update!

Klaus Nökel