[Numpy-discussion] Timeline for 1.4.0 and installer for Windows 64bit ?

Thu Jul 30 22:15:34 CDT 2009

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Noekel wrote:
> Dear folks,
>
> just over a month ago there was a thread about plans for numpy, and IIRC
> somebody had volunteered to try and put together a working AMD64 version
> with an installer.
>
> Since then I have not heard about the issue again - but I may have
> missed part of the discussion. Have the plans firmed up by now? Is there
> a tentative date for a beta or RC? In particular: how much hope is there
> for a reasonably usable AMD64 numpy under Windows?

There were some discussion about pushing 1.4.0 'early', but instead, I
think we let it slipped - one consequence is that there will be enough
time for 1.4.0 to be released with proper AMD64 support on windows.

The real issue is not numpy per-se, but making scipy work on top of
numpy in 64 bits mode. It is hard to give an exact date as to when those
issues will be fixed, but it is being worked on.

cheers,

David