[Numpy-discussion] ** On entry to ILAENV parameter number 2 had an illegal value

Fri Jul 31 06:20:03 CDT 2009

Steven Coutts wrote:
> David Cournapeau <david <at> ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> writes:
>
>  If you are willing to do
>
>> it, I would  also be interested whether numpy works ok if linked against
>> BLAS/LAPACK instead of atlas (i.e. build numpy, again from scratch, with
>> ATLAS=None python setup.py build, and then run the test suite).
>>

> Yes that appears to work fine, all tests run.

So that's a problem with ATLAS. Maybe a gcc bug ? Another user contacted
me privately for my rpm repository, and got exactly the same problem
with the rpms, on CENTOS 5.3 as well. I will try to look at it on a
centos VM if I have time this WE,

cheers,

David