[Numpy-discussion] Test failures on FreeBSD buildbot

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Jul 27 22:37:04 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Charles R
Harris<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> ERROR: test_nan_items (test_utils.TestApproxEqual)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/tmp/numpy-buildbot/b12/numpy-install/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/testing/tests/test_utils.py",
> line 248, in test_nan_items
>
>     self._assert_func(anan, anan)
>   File
> "../numpy-install/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/testing/utils.py", line
> 433, in assert_approx_equal
> ValueError: math domain error

> Ran 2177 tests in 30.179s
>

> I expect there is a problem with the FreeBSD math libraries.

Actually, I am surprised it did not fail on Linux/Windows/Mac OS X :)
Reading the code for assert_approx_equal, using log/pow functions on
nan should produce this error. I will work on a fix,

cheers,

David