[Numpy-discussion] Problem with correlate

Robin robince@gmail....
Tue Jun 2 05:51:30 CDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 11:36 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape@gmail.com> wrote:

> Done in r7031 - correlate/PyArray_Correlate should be unchanged, and
> acorrelate/PyArray_Acorrelate implement the conventional definitions,

I don't know if it's been discussed before but while people are
thinking about/changing correlate I thought I'd like to request as a
user a matlab style xcorr function (basically with the functionality
of the matlab version).

I don't know if this is a deliberate emission, but it is often one of
the first things my colleagues try when I get them using Python, and
as far as I know there isn't really a good answer. There is xcorr in
pylab, but it isn't vectorised like xcorr from matlab...

Cheers

Robin