[Numpy-discussion] extract elements of an array that are contained in another array?

Robert Cimrman cimrman3@ntc.zcu...
Fri Jun 5 00:27:16 CDT 2009

Kim Hansen wrote:
> Concerning the name setmember1d_nu, I personally find it quite verbose
> and not the name I would expect as a non-insider coming to numpy and
> not knowing all the names of the more special hidden-away functions
> and not being a python-wiz either.

To explain the naming: those names are used in matlab for functions of
similar functionality. If better names are found, I am not against.

What I particularly do not like is the _nu suffix (yes, blame me).

r.