[Numpy-discussion] performance matrix multiplication vs. matlab

Mon Jun 8 08:00:52 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 08:33:11AM -0400, Jason Rennie wrote:
>    EM is great for churning-out papers, not so great for getting real work
>    done.

That's just what I thought.

>    Btw, have you considered how much the Gaussianity assumption is
>    hurting you?

I have. And the answer is: not much. But then, my order-selection method
is just about selecting the non-gaussian components. And the
non-orthogonality of the interessing 'indedpendant' signals is small, in
that subspace.

Gaël