[Numpy-discussion] matrix default to column vector?

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Mon Jun 8 13:48:47 CDT 2009

Olivier Verdier wrote:
> Well, allowing dot(A,B,C) does not remove any other possibility does it?
> I won't fight for this though. I personally don't care but I think that
> it would remove the last argument for matrices against arrays, namely
> the fact that A*B*C is easier to write than dot(dot(A,B),C).

Well, no.  Notation matters to students.  Additionally,
matrix exponentiation is useful.  E.g., A**(N-1) finds
the transitive closure of the binary relation represented
by the NxN boolean matrix A.

Alan Isaac