[Numpy-discussion] How to remove fortran-like loops with numpy?

Sebastian Haase seb.haase@gmail....
Tue Jun 9 03:51:38 CDT 2009

2009/6/9 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za>:
> Hi Juan

<---cut --->
>> As you can see, it is very simple, but it takes several seconds running just
>> to create a 200x200 plot. Fortran takes same time to create a 2000x2000
>> plot, around 100 times faster... So the question is, do you know how to
>> programme this in a Python-like fashion in order to improve seriously the
>> performance?
>
> Here is another version, similar to Robert's, that I wrote up for the
> documentation project last year:
>
> http://mentat.za.net/numpy/intro/intro.html
>
> We never used it, but I still like the pretty pictures :-)

+1
Hi Stéfan,

this does look really nice !! Could it be put somewhere more prominent !?
How about onto the SciPy site with a "newcomers start here"-link right
on the first page ....

My 2 cents,

Sebastian Haase