[Numpy-discussion] Question about memmap

Gökhan SEVER gokhansever@gmail....
Wed Jun 10 02:20:00 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:03 AM, David Goldsmith <d_l_goldsmith@yahoo.com>wrote:

> My present job - and the Summer Numpy Doc Marathon - is premised on making
> changes/additions through the Wiki; if anyone other than registered
> developers is to be messing w/ the rst, it's news to me.  At this point,
> someone who knows should please step in and clearly explain the relationship
> between the Wiki and the rst (or point to the place on the Wiki where this
> is explained).  Thanks!
>
> DG

To me, docstring originated changes should be made on the actual source
codes. Since they the preliminary sources for sphinx to work on integrating
with rst documents under the /doc folder in the main numpy trunk. There is a
daily doc build system running so each change will be reflected on the next
build cycle.

Also for a developer, just doing a "svn up" will fetch the necessary updated
from the code-base in this case memmap.py file itself, from there on it's
optional whether to read docstings from the file itself or via IPy or in
another way. The philosophy I like in this design, a well written and
documented code doesn't need an additional documentation because everything
one needs is right in the code :)

gs