[Numpy-discussion] performance matrix multiplication vs. matlab

Jason Rennie jrennie@gmail....
Thu Jun 11 12:12:22 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 11:02 AM, David Cournapeau <
david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> Isn't it true for any general framework who enjoys some popularity :)

Yup :)

I think there are cases where gradient methods are not applicable
> (latent models where the complete data Y cannot be split into
> observations-hidden (O, H) variables), although I am not sure that's a
> very common case in machine learning,

I won't argue with that.  My bias has certainly been strongly influenced by
the type of problems I've been exposed to.  It'd be interesting to hear of a
problem where one can't separate observed/hidden variables :)

Cheers,

Jason

--
Jason Rennie