[Numpy-discussion] passing arrays between processes

Bryan Cole bryan@cole.uklinux....
Sun Jun 14 15:24:50 CDT 2009

> You may want to look at MPI, e.g. mpi4py is convenient for this kind of
> work. For numerical work across processes it is close to a de facto
> standard.
>
> It requires an MPI implementation set up on your machine though (but for
> single-machine use this isn't hard to set up, typically just install
> e.g. OpenMPI), and that you launch Python through
>
> mpiexec -n 4 python somescript.py

Thanks for this tip. I'm looking at the mpi4py docs now. Seems kinda
complicated... In fact, I should have specified previously: I need to
deploy on MS-Win. On first glance, I can't see that mpi4py is
installable on Windows.

Bryan