[Numpy-discussion] More on doc-ing new functions

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Jun 16 03:15:51 CDT 2009

Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:52:05 -0700, David Goldsmith kirjoitti:
[clip]
> Is there a protocol for making sure these things get done?  (Just don't
> want to reinvent the wheel.)

I don't think so.

The current way is that people forget to do it, and then someone fixes it
afterwards :)

I'm not sure how much rubber hose we can use on developers. But please,

	* When you add new functions in Python APIs, please
	insert the function to the correct autosummary:: directive in
	the correct RST file under doc/source/reference/routines.* *

	* When you add new functions in the C APIs, please
	insert at least stub function documentation (cfunction::
	directives) in the corresponding RST file
	doc/source/reference/c-api.* *

Sphinx has some coverage assessing features which we probably should try
out. There's also doc/summarize.py in Numpy's SVN that should report the
status, but it's currently broken.

--
Pauli Virtanen