[Numpy-discussion] Ready for review: PyArrayNeighIterObject, an iterator to iterate over a neighborhood in arbitrary arrays

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sat Jun 20 09:15:42 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Charles R
Harris<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know. I think it is cleaner to depend on 1.4.0

Oh, definitely - I certainly prefer this solution as well.

> but there
> might be other considerations such as release schedules, both for
> numpy/scipy and perhaps some of the major linux distros
> (Fedora/Ubuntu). You are probably a better judge of that than I, but
> we should discuss it along with setting some goals for the next
> release.

I don't think there are many new features for numpy 1.4.0. Most of the
changes (in term of commits) are the ones I did to put everything in
separate files for multiarray/ufunc, but that has 0 consequence for
users (hopefully :) ).

There is the usual set of bug-fixes. One thing I want to check is
python 2.7 compatibility: there are some massive distutils changes, I
have already detected and reported a couple of regressions, but I
should test more thoroughly (especially on windows).

 I know that Travis and Robert pushed some stuff in a branch for date
handling, I don't know if they intend to push this soon in the trunk
or not ?

cheers,

David