[Numpy-discussion] MKL Path error on Cygwin after installing on windows.

Sandeep Devadas dsandie@gmail....
Mon Jun 22 08:29:58 CDT 2009

Hello There,
                My name is Sandeep Devadas and im trying to install numpy
for python on Cygwins latest version(1.5.xx) on Windows XP.I'm getting an
error message when I follow the instructions given at
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Windows

(I have searched for the files and except for mkl_ia32,the rest-->mkl_c_dll
& libguide40 are available at C:\Program Files\Intel\MKL\10.0.5.025\ia32\lib

When I enter the following at the BASH Shell after installing MKL
10.0.5.025(30 day evaluation),

python setup.py config,I get

$ python setup.py config
Running from numpy source directory.
non-existing path in 'numpy/distutils': 'site.cfg'
F2PY Version 2
blas_opt_info:
blas_mkl_info:
  libraries mkl_ia32,mkl_c_dll,libguide40 not found in \Program
Files\Intel\MKL\10.0.5.025\ia32\lib
  NOT AVAILABLE
atlas_blas_threads_info:
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib
  NOT AVAILABLE
atlas_blas_info:
  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib
  NOT AVAILABLE
/bin/numpy-1.3.0/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1383: UserWarning:
    Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
    the ATLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(AtlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_info:
  libraries blas not found in /usr/local/lib
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['blas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
    language = f77
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['blas']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
    define_macros = [('NO_ATLAS_INFO', 1)]
    language = f77
lapack_opt_info:
lapack_mkl_info:
mkl_info:
  libraries mkl_ia32,mkl_c_dll,libguide40 not found in \Program
Files\Intel\MKL\10.0.5.025\ia32\lib
  NOT AVAILABLE
  NOT AVAILABLE
atlas_threads_info:
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries ptf77blas,ptcblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib
  libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/lib
numpy.distutils.system_info.atlas_threads_info
  NOT AVAILABLE
atlas_info:
  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries f77blas,cblas,atlas not found in /usr/lib
  libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/lib
numpy.distutils.system_info.atlas_info
  NOT AVAILABLE
/bin/numpy-1.3.0/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1290: UserWarning:
    Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
    the ATLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(AtlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
lapack_info:
  libraries lapack not found in /usr/local/lib
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['lapack']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
    language = f77