[Numpy-discussion] Faster way to generate a rotation matrix?

Chris Colbert sccolbert@gmail....
Tue Mar 3 19:14:11 CST 2009

In addition to what Robert said, you also only need to calculate six
transcendentals:

cx = cos(tx)
sx = sin(tx)
cy = cos(ty)
sy = sin(ty)
cz = cos(tz)
sz = sin(tz)

you, are making sixteen transcendental calls in your loop each time.

I can also recommend Chapter 2 of Introduction to Robotics: Mechanics and
Controls by John J. Craig for more on more efficient transformations.