[Numpy-discussion] N-D array interface page is out of date

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun Mar 8 12:33:15 CDT 2009

Hi,

Fri, 06 Mar 2009 09:16:33 -0800, Andrew Straw wrote:
> I have updated http://numpy.scipy.org/array_interface.shtml to have a
> giant warning first paragraph describing how that information is
> outdated. Additionally, I have updated http://numpy.scipy.org/ to point
> people to the buffer interface described in PEP 3118 and implemented in
> Python 2.6/3.0. Furthermore, I have suggested Cython has a way to write
> code for older Pythons that will automatically support the buffer
> interface in newer Pythons.
>
> If you have knowledge about these matters (Travis O. and Dag,
> especially), I'd appreciate it if you could read over the pages to
> ensure everything is actually correct.

I wonder if it would make sense to redirect the page here:

	http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/arrays.interface.html

so that it would be easier to edit etc. in the future?

--
Pauli Virtanen