[Numpy-discussion] N-D array interface page is out of date

Andrew Straw strawman@astraw....
Mon Mar 9 00:18:11 CDT 2009

Andrew Straw wrote:
> Pauli Virtanen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Fri, 06 Mar 2009 09:16:33 -0800, Andrew Straw wrote:
>>> I have updated http://numpy.scipy.org/array_interface.shtml to have a
>>> giant warning first paragraph describing how that information is
>>> outdated. Additionally, I have updated http://numpy.scipy.org/ to point
>>> people to the buffer interface described in PEP 3118 and implemented in
>>> Python 2.6/3.0. Furthermore, I have suggested Cython has a way to write
>>> code for older Pythons that will automatically support the buffer
>>> interface in newer Pythons.
>>>
>>> If you have knowledge about these matters (Travis O. and Dag,
>>> especially), I'd appreciate it if you could read over the pages to
>>> ensure everything is actually correct.
>> I wonder if it would make sense to redirect the page here:
>>
>> 	http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/arrays.interface.html
>>
>> so that it would be easier to edit etc. in the future?
>>

> Yes, great idea. I just updated the page to point to the page you linked
> (which I didn't know existed -- thanks for pointing it out).
>
> Also, I have made several changes to arrays.interface.rst which I will
> upload once my password situation gets resolved.

OK, I now have a password (thanks Gaël), but I don't have edit
permissions on that page. So I'm attaching a patch against that page
source that incorporates the stuff that was on the old page that's not
in the new page.

I'm happy to apply this myself if someone gives me edit permissions. I
wasn't able to check out all the ReST formatting with the online editor
because I don't have edit permissions.

-Andrew