[Numpy-discussion] ImportError: ccompiler

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Mon Mar 9 15:41:06 CDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Ravi <lists_ravi@lavabit.com> wrote:

> As far as I know, a scipy 0.7.0 binary is not available for python 2.6.

Yes, you're right. To build scipy, we need numpy, though :) The good
news is that we worked on making sure scipy 0.7 moistly works with
python 2.6, using numpy svn.

> If a
> numpy 1.3.0 binary is available for python 2.6, will a corresponding scipy
> 0.7.x binary be available for python 2.6?

Yes.

> Or is my assumption -- that the scipy 0.7.0 binary available for python 2.5
> will not work with python 2.6 -- incorrect?

No, this is correct. Python "minor" (2.5 vs 2.6) releases are not
backward compatible. On windows, a check is done as to avoid
installing a python 2.6 binary in python 2.5.

cheers,

David