[Numpy-discussion] code performanceon windows (32 and/or 64 bit) using SWIG: C++ compiler MS vs.cygwin

Sebastian Haase haase@msg.ucsf....
Wed Mar 11 15:29:35 CDT 2009

Hi,
I was wondering if people could comment on which compiler produces faster code,
MS-VS2003 or cygwin g++ ?
I use Python 2.5 and SWIG.  I have C/C++ routines for large (maybe
10MB, 100MB or even >1GB (on XP 64bit)) data processing.
I'm not talking about BLAS or anything like that .... just for-loops
mostly on contiguous memory.
Or should the speed / memory performance of the resulting code be the same ?

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase