[Numpy-discussion] Intel MKL on Core2 system

Ryan May rmay31@gmail....
Thu Mar 12 10:49:29 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Francesc Alted <faltet@pytables.org>wrote:

> A Thursday 12 March 2009, Ryan May escrigué:
> > I can get it working now with either the [mkl] section like your
> > config or the following config:
> >
> > [DEFAULT]
> > include_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/include/
> > library_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl/10.0.2.018/lib/em64t/:/usr/lib
>                                                      ^^^^^^^^^
> I see that you are using a multi-directory path here.  My understanding
> was that this is not supported by numpy.distutils, but apparently it
> worked for you (?), or if you get rid of the ':/usr/lib' trailing part
> of library_dirs it works ok too?

Well, if by multi-directory you mean the colon-separated list, this is what
is documented in site.cfg.example and used by the gentoo ebuild on my
system.  I need the /usr/lib part so that it can pick up libblas.so and
liblapack.so.  Otherwise, it won't link in MKL.

Ryan

--
Ryan May
Graduate Research Assistant