[Numpy-discussion] A question about import in numpy and in place build

Fri Mar 13 01:13:25 CDT 2009

Robert Kern wrote:
>> Is adding additional imports fine too ? Or should we fix those in the
>> unittest instead to avoid more namespace pollution ?
>>

> What do you mean?

For example, we have:

ERROR: Failure: ImportError (cannot import name format)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/nose/loader.py", line 364, in
loadTestsFromName
    addr.filename, addr.module)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/nose/importer.py", line 39, in
importFromPath
    return self.importFromDir(dir_path, fqname)
  File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/nose/importer.py", line 84, in
importFromDir
    mod = load_module(part_fqname, fh, filename, desc)
  File "/usr/media/src/dsp/numpy/git/numpy/lib/tests/test_format.py",
line 286, in <module>
    from numpy.lib import format
ImportError: cannot import name format

But there is no numpy.lib.format.py-related import at all in
numpy.lib.__init__.py.

cheers,

David