[Numpy-discussion] Build Failure on IA64

Patrick Marsh patrickmarshwx@gmail....
Sat Mar 14 11:09:12 CDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Patrick Marsh <patrickmarshwx@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to build numpy from SVN and ran across this error:
>> numpy/core/include/numpy/npy_cpu.h:44:10: error: #error Unknown CPU,
>> please report this to numpy maintainers with information about your
>> platform (OS, CPU and compiler)
>>
>> This is on a linux machine using gcc.  Here is the processor information:
>>
>> processor  : 0
>> vendor     : GenuineIntel
>> arch       : IA-64
>> family     : Itanium 2
>> model      : 2
>> revision   : 1
>> archrev    : 0
>> features   : branchlong
>> cpu number : 0
>> cpu regs   : 4
>> cpu MHz    : 1500.000000
>> itc MHz    : 1500.000000
>> BogoMIPS   : 2244.60
>> siblings   : 1
>
> OK, I added some macros in r6662, can you give it a shot? Do you know if
> folks are using other OSs or compilers on that system?
>
> Chuck

Worked just fine.  I don't think anyone is using another OS on this
system.  As for other compilers, I do have reason to believe there are
other others on there, however I don't use them and don't know what
they are.  I'll try to ask around on Monday.

Patrick

--
Patrick Marsh
Graduate Research Assistant