[Numpy-discussion] Enhancements for NumPy's FFTs

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Sun Mar 15 02:24:03 CDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> As it is easier to read and understand without going to the macro
> definition. Note that David has a quite involved check for the inline
> keyword implementation and I expect he would want to do the same for the
> restrict keyword. I think using lots of #if defined(xxx) might be easier

It is easier but less maintainable and less portable. With checks, we
can deal with new platforms more easily. And it is more robust. Things
depending on the platform should be the exception, not the norm.

cheers,

David