[Numpy-discussion] How to force a particular windows numpy installation?

"V.A. Solé" sole@esrf...
Thu Mar 19 03:07:20 CDT 2009

Hello,

Recent versions of binary numpy installers try to detect the target CPU
in order to select the proper extensions.

My problem is that I am distributing frozen versions of an analysis code
and I would like to target the widest range of CPUs.
If I install numpy 1.3.0b1 the installer installs numpy-1.3.0b1-sse2.exe.

Am I right to suppose the frozen application will not run on non sse2
machines? (Old Athlon XP for example)

Is it possible to force the binary installer to use a different CPU (for
instance just sse1)?

I am still using numpy 1.0.3 on python 2.5 because it does not seem to
detect the CPU but, for python 2.6 I have no other choice.

Thanks for your time,

Armando