[Numpy-discussion] numpy for 64 bits machine

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Thu Mar 19 21:06:21 CDT 2009

2009/3/20 Vincent Thierion <vincent.thierion@ema.fr>:
> Hello,
>
> I built the numpy module for 32 bits architecture (it seems the default
> building). However, my programs using this module have to be launched on
> remote worker nodes whose architecture can be 32 bits as well 64 bits (grid
> computing). First experimentations on 64 bits machines is bad, my programs
> don't work (problem of shared files). Is there someone who can provide me
> some documentations or hints to build 64 bits numpy for linux machines

It is exactly the same as for 32 bits, but you need to build numpy on
a 64 bits machine (you can't build 64 bits numpy on a 32 bits
machine).

The shared problem may be that you forgot to add -fPIC compilation
flag when building blas/lapack/atlas, but it is hard to tell without
more details,

David