[Numpy-discussion] data software,chemometricas, GUI and scikit

giorgio.luciano@inwi... giorgio.luciano@inwi...
Fri Mar 20 08:14:06 CDT 2009

Dear All,
we are proceeding with the building of our data analysis software and
also not raise licensing problem we are splitting the “core” part and the GUI
part. We will try open a scikit for scipy for chemometrics and we are trying to
port all the essential routines that already exist.
One question that raised
for the GUI is  what kind of backend to use.
Matplotlib seems a very good
choice but since for the 3d part we want to use Mayavi, we asked ourself why
not using Chaco.
Can someone help us in the choice highlighting the pro and
contra ?
Thanks in advance and also all the people that want to help in the
scikit  are very welcome.

Cheers
Giorgio