[Numpy-discussion] Doc update for 1.3.0?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sat Mar 21 20:26:12 CDT 2009

Sun, 22 Mar 2009 03:14:50 +0200, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:

> Hi Pauli
>
> 2009/3/22 Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi>:
>> Previously, I did the cherry-picking just by reading through the full
>> patch, but now I added a feature to the doc wiki that allows to
>> parallelize this:
>>
>>    1. Go to http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/patch/
>>    2. Click on a link in the patch list. This shows a diff vs. SVN
>>    3. See if the change makes sense
>>    4. Change "OK to apply" to Yes or No, accordingly.
>
> This is neat!  I think it is going to be very useful to quickly decide
> which changes go through right before a release.  Does the status get
> reset after an edit to the docstring?

Yes, it gets reset on edit. (Ie. defaults to False for new docstring
revisions.)

> There is a small problem, in that when I click on any function is shows
> that it is set to "No", with the option to change to "Yes" -- even when
> the current status is yes!

Uh, maybe it's the time of the day, but somehow I fail to understand what
is the problem you are having. Could you explain again what you see?

Looking at the Django template, it should be quite impossible to have
"Yes (Change to Yes)" or "No (Change to No)" appear in the output.

It works as expected for me. Maybe you refreshed the Patch page before I
changed the status of the linked entry to Yes?

--
Pauli Virtanen