[Numpy-discussion] Win32 MSI

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Mar 24 14:04:35 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 3:13 AM, F. David del Campo Hill
<delcampo@stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear Numpy Forum,
>
>        I have found the Win64 (Windows x64) Numpy MSI installer in Sourceforge (numpy-1.3.0b1.win-amd64-py2.6.msi), but cannot find the Win32 (Windows i386) one. I have tried unpacking the Win32 EXE installer package (numpy-1.3.0b1-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe) to see if the MSI installer could be found inside, but without luck. Does the package I look for exist, and if so, where could someone point me to where I can download it from?

No, it does not. The problem is that I need to add a way to execute
.msi from nsis (nsis is the software I use to build the superpack),
and I did not find a way when I tried - but it should be possible.

Now, I am not so familiar with msi: what does it bring compared to
.exe ? Would an exe installing a .msi solve your problems ? (windows64
has an msi because 64 bits implies SSE2, and as such we don't need to
check for CPU wo SSE).

cheers,

David