[Numpy-discussion] Defining version_pattern for fcompiler (pathscale)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Mar 24 14:32:33 CDT 2009

Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:11:05 -0400, Lewis E. Randerson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup a new compiler for numpy and  my lack of python
> pattern matching syntax knowledge is bogging me down.
>
> Here is one of my non-working patterns.
> version_pattern = r'Pathscale(TM) Compiler Suite: Version (?P<version>[^\s]*)'

Possibly like so:

version_pattern = r'PathScale\(TM\) Compiler Suite: Version (?P<version>[^\s]*)'

You need the escapes to avoid the first braces to be interpreted as a group.

--
Pauli Virtanen