[Numpy-discussion] SWIG and numpy.i

Kevin Françoisse kfrancoi@gmail....
Wed Mar 25 06:39:33 CDT 2009

Thanks Bill, it helps me a lot ! My function works fine now.

But I encounter an other problem. This time with a NumPy array of 2
dimensions.

Here is the function I want to use :

/****************/
double matSum(double** mat, int n, int m){
    int i,j;
    double sum = 0.0;
    for (i=0;i<n;i++){
        for (j=0;j<m;j++){
            sum += mat[i][j];
        }
    }
    return sum;
}
/****************/

I supposed that the typemaps to use is the following :

%apply (double* IN_ARRAY2, int DIM1, int DIM2) {(double** mat, int n, int
m)};

But it is not working. Of course, my typemaps assignement is not compatible
with my function parameters. I tried several ways of using a two dimensional
array but I'm not sure what is the best way to do it ?

Thanks

---
Kevin Françoisse
Ph.D. at Machine Learning Group at UCL