[Numpy-discussion] Win32 MSI

Wed Mar 25 07:18:59 CDT 2009

Hi Davie,

F. David del Campo Hill wrote:
> 	Sometimes, EXE setup packages are just MSI packages wrapped in an EXE file, that is why I tried to extract the files from your superpack (without luck).

Currently, with the superpack installer, the individual per arch
installers can be extracted easily from the command line. If the
superpack used MSI internally, would that solve your problem ? I am
worried about distributing the per arch msi directly, but someone who
would extract the msi from the super pack installer would be a
power-user/administrator,

cheers,

David