[Numpy-discussion] Summer of Code: Proposal for Implementing date/time types in NumPy

Francesc Alted faltet@pytables....
Wed Mar 25 11:06:27 CDT 2009

Hello Marty,

A Tuesday 24 March 2009, Marty Fuhry escrigué:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for any overlap, as I've been referred here from the scipi-dev
> mailing list.
> I was reading through the Summer of Code ideas and I'm terribly
> interested in date/time proposal
> (http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/browser/trunk/doc/neps/datetime-prop
>osal3.rst). I would love to work on this for a Google Summer of Code
> project. I'm a sophmore studying Computer Science and Mathematics at
> Kent State University in Ohio, so this project directly relates to my
> studies. Is there anyone looking into this proposal yet?

To my knowledge, nobody is actively working on this anymore.  As a
matter of fact, during the discussions that led to the proposal, many
people showed a real interested on the implementation of data/time
types in NumPy.  So it would be great if you can have a stab on this.

Luck!

--
Francesc Alted