[Numpy-discussion] numpy int64 arrays and ctypes

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Mar 26 13:40:30 CDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 13:08, JJ <josh8912@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello:
> I hope someone can give me a tip on how to solve this simple problem. I use Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit and want to pass a numpy integer array to a shared library C program. For some reason, my C program is not able to read the info passed in the integer array, but can read from a passed double array. It is probably a simple fix, but I do not know what it is. I have the same problem using Python 2.5 and Python 2.6

numpy int64 is almost never a C int. C ints are almost always 32 bits
on most modern systems. The default numpy integer type always
corresponds to a C long on all systems.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."