[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.3.0b1 with Intel compiler

Christian Marquardt christian@marquardt...
Thu Mar 26 19:06:55 CDT 2009

Hello,

I tried to compile and install numpy 1.3.0b1 on a Suse Linux 10.3 with Python 2.5.x and an Intel C and Fortran compilers 10.1 as well as the MKL 10.0. The distutils do find the compilers and the MKL (when using similar settings as I used successfully for all previous numpy versions sonce 1.0.4 or so), but then bail out with the following error:

   ...>python setup.py install

   [...]

   running config
   running config_fc
   unifing config_fc, config, build_clib, build_ext, build commands --fcompiler options
   running build_clib
   Found executable /opt/intel/cc/10.1.018/bin/icc
   Could not locate executable ecc
   customize IntelCCompiler
   customize IntelCCompiler using build_clib
   building 'npymath' library
   compiling C sources
   C compiler: icc

   error: unknown file type '.src' (from 'numpy/core/src/npy_math.c.src')

I think the error message does not even come from the compiler...

I'm lost... WHat does it mean, and why are there source files named ...c.src?

Many thanks,

  Christian