[Numpy-discussion] Is it ok to include GPL scripts in the numpy *repository* ?

Fri Mar 27 05:48:28 CDT 2009

Hi,

    To build the numpy .dmg mac os x installer, I use a script from the
adium project, which uses applescript and some mac os x black magic. The
script seems to be GPL, as adium itself:

http://trac.adiumx.com/browser/trunk/Release

For now, I keep the build scripts separately from the svn repository,
but it would be more practical if everything was together. As far as I
understand, the GPL does not apply to the output of some build scripts,
and as such, nothing would be "tainted" by the GPL - is this right ?
Would it be problematic to put those in the svn repo ?

cheers,

David