[Numpy-discussion] Is it ok to include GPL scripts in the numpy *repository* ?

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Fri Mar 27 07:18:15 CDT 2009

2009/3/27 Alan G Isaac <aisaac@american.edu>:
> On 3/27/2009 6:48 AM David Cournapeau apparently wrote:
>>     To build the numpy .dmg mac os x installer, I use a script from the
>> adium project, which uses applescript and some mac os x black magic. The
>> script seems to be GPL, as adium itself:
>

> It might be worth a query to see if the
> author would release just this script
> under the modified BSD license.
> http://trac.adiumx.com/wiki/ContactUs

I don't see the need.  This is just a tool, of which the source code,
as well as our modifications, are available.  We don't link to it, we
don't derive anything in NumPy from it and we do not distribute it, so
we are not in any disagreement with the GPL.

Regards
Stéfan