[Numpy-discussion] A few more questions about build doc

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Fri Mar 27 18:04:28 CDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:
> Sat, 28 Mar 2009 04:00:45 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> [clip]
>>     - Is it ok to build the pdf doc using LANG=C ? If I run sphinx-build
>> without setting LANG=C, I got some weird latex errors at the latex->pdf
>> stage, which I am reluctant to track down :)
>
> LANG=C should be ok.

Ok - it looks like the problem may have not been caused by this,
though, but by some weird import stuff (I am pretty happy with the
almost 100 % automation, but paver + virtualenv + setuptools
interaction for imports can be mind blowing).

> It's the correct assumption.
>
> I thought about this too, but decided to leave it alone so that the
> version number reported in the docs would correspond to the major XX.YY
> and not the bugfix XX.YY.ZZ releases. The point was that there ought to
> be no API changes in the .ZZ, so we'd like docs for newer versions
> (possibly containing updates etc.) be labelled as compatible with all
> XX.YY. versions.

Ok, I broke this, then - but this can be easily fixed by generating
several version numbers in the version.py

cheers,

David