[Numpy-discussion] How to tell whether I am using 32 bit or 64 bit numpy?

John Reid j.reid@mail.cryst.bbk.ac...
Sat Mar 28 07:01:32 CDT 2009

Charles R Harris wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 5:32 AM, John Reid <j.reid@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
> <mailto:j.reid@mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk>> wrote:
>

>     Charles R Harris wrote:
>      > What really matters is if python is 64 bits. Most 64 bit systems also
>      > run 32 bit binaries.
>
>     Are you saying that even if "uname -m" gives i686, I still might be able
>     to build a 64 bit python and numpy?
>

> Probably not. You need a 64 bit operating system and it doesn't look
> like you have that. Did you install Suse yourself?

Nope, but I do have root access to the box. I think it is probably a bit
late to change it now considering how much has been installed already
and the number of other users. Thanks to you and David for your help.

John.