[Numpy-discussion] Built Lapack, Atlas from source.... now numpy.linalg.eig() hangs at 100% CPU

Sat Mar 28 14:52:31 CDT 2009

2009/3/28 Chris Colbert <sccolbert@gmail.com>

> I notice my OPTS and NOOPTS are different than yours. (I went of scipy.orginstall guide)
>
> Do you think that's the issue?

Probably not, but my experience is limited. IIRC, I also had to get the
command line for building ATLAS just right and build LAPACK separately
instead of having ATLAS do it. It took several tries and much poring through
the ATLAS instructions.

Something else to check is if you have another LAPACK/ATLAS sitting around
somewhere.

Chuck