[Numpy-discussion] Built Lapack, Atlas from source.... now numpy.linalg.eig() hangs at 100% CPU

Chris Colbert sccolbert@gmail....
Sat Mar 28 15:27:47 CDT 2009

yeah, I set -b 32 on atlas...

the bogus atlas config was telling me to set OPTS = O -fPIC -m32 and NOPTS =
O -fPIC -m32, this caused the make process of lapack to hang.

So i set OPTS = O2 -fPIC -m32 and NOPTS = O0 -fPIC -m32.  Which is the same
as all of my first attempts except for the presence of -m32. so maybe
specifying bit size here is needed too.

Chris